Archive for July, 2012
What did Leonardo da Vinci, Winston Churchill, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin and Ernest Hemingway have in common? They all used stand-up desks.
It’s no secret, standing is better for us than sitting. Consider a few of the health benefits of standing versus sitting:
– Increases circulation and blood flow to the legs.
– Burns up to 25 % more calories than sitting.
– Reduces pressure on the back.
– Strengthens leg muscles and improves balance.
– Recent studies show standing may even help us live longer.
– Alternating between sitting and standing increases energy and helps reduce afternoon drowsiness.
So, if standing is so much better for us than sitting, why do we spend so much time sitting during the workday? The computer probably has a lot to do with it, but that’s no longer an excuse for sitting at work all day.
There are several ways you can create a stand-up desk in your office, but the TaskMate by HealthPostures is the easiest and most affordable option.
The TaskMate from HealthPostures will provide a sit/stand solution in many work areas at a fraction of the cost of most other height-adjustable products. The TaskMate is changing how people work in a number of applications because of how simple it is to set-up and use. The TaskMate can be added to your workplace without expensive renovation and installation costs.
Business owners can integrate the TaskMate into the workplace and avoid remodeling cost because there is no need to remove desks or cubicle walls to make room for a large and bulky sit-stand table.
The TaskMate sits securely onto an existing desk or counter without taking-up a large amount of space. Setting-up the TaskMate consist of taking it out of the box, setting it on an existing work surface and attaching any number of accessories. The TaskMate operates with an electronic actuator that can be plugged into a standard wall outlet.
How would you like to try the Taskmate in your office for one full week – absolutely FREE?
Call or email Team Office now and schedule your FREE one week TaskMate trial.
Choosing the right office space is one of the most important business decisions you’ll make. Not only is it typically your second biggest expense, but it also impacts your employee satisfaction, ability to grow and is an integral part of your brand as well.
Consider these important tips before you make any decisions regarding your office space:
- Determine how much space you currently need as well as how much you may need in the years to come. A good rule of thumb is 250 square feet of usable space per person.
- Find a good commercial real estate agent. An experienced agent will know what’s coming on the market and can help you find the best space for your business. If you’ve already determined a specific geographic area it may be a good idea to find an agent that specializes in that particular part of the market. We work with real estate professionals on a daily basis. Contact us if you need a referral.
- Consider your parking requirements. In many areas, there’s a shortage of parking space and you’ll want to save your employees from the hassle of competing for street parking.
- Read a prospective lease carefully. If you don’t understand everything or feel uncomfortable with anything, it may be a good idea to retain the services of a real estate attorney. This decision could end up saving you time and money down the road.
- Be sure to take a close look at all the lease options including expansion, extension of the lease term, contraction, the right of first refusal on adjoining space, as well as security and other amenities.
Office space is an expensive and vital part of your business. Once you find the space that’s the perfect fit for your business, don’t be afraid to negotiate the best possible terms. Also, if you expect big changes to your business in the next few years, it may be a good idea to avoid locking into a five-year lease and opt for a short-term lease of one to three years.